|Faith & The church|
|Church & World|
|People & Features|
1. Ensuring that the internal and external fabric and furnishings of the Church are maintained.
2. Ensuring that the Churchyard is maintained.
3. Maintaining an overview of church projects and works
4. Ensuring that repairs carried out promptly, cost-effectively and to the required standard.
5. Acting as project sponsor for the works services and projects in the church.
6. Ensuring that the furnishings and decoration of the Church are maintained.
7. Carrying out a monthly walk-round of the church and environs to ascertain the requirement for works services.
8. Carrying out an annual Inventory Check.
9. Ensuring that gutters and gullies are cleared at appropriate intervals.
10. Ensuring that mandatory regular checks of electrical systems, lightning conductors and fire extinguishers are carried out.
11. Inspecting the church building annually for evidence of active furniture beetle or woodworm and arranging treatment as required.
12. Provision of maintenance reports to the PCC and its Finance and Fabric Committee.
a. Ensure that he is aware of the H&S Regulations as they apply to church premises.
b. Ensure that he is familiar with this H&S policy and arrangements and ensure they are observed.
c. Ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, that safe systems of work are in place.
d. Ensure that the church is clean and tidy.
e. Ensure that the churchyard is properly maintained, including the safety of monuments, tombstones and trees and that the grass is kept cut.
f. Ensure that all plant, equipment and tools are properly maintained and in good condition and that all operators have received appropriate training.
g. Ensure that adequate access and egress is maintained.
h. Ensure that adequate fire-fighting equipment is available and maintained.
i. Ensure that food hygiene regulations and procedures are observed. (Return to top)
a. Comply with safety rules, operating instructions and working procedures.
b. Use protective clothing and equipment when it is required.
c. Report any fault or defect in equipment immediately to the appropriate person.
d. Report, however minor, all accidents, injuries, near misses or other potential safety hazards as soon as possible.
e. Not misuse anything provided in the interests of health and safety.
|Accident book/accident reporting||-||A Churchwarden|
|Emergency evacuation||-||Churchwardens/PCC Members|
|Portable electrical appliances||-||Fabric Officer|
|Fixed electrical systems||-||Fabric Officer|
|Plant & machinery||-||A Churchwarden|
|Condition of floors & stairs||-||Fabric Officer|
|Condition of churchyard||-||A Churchwarden|
|Light-bulb changing||-||A Churchwarden|
|Working at high levels||-||A Churchwarden|
|Food preparation||-||A Churchwarden|
|Audio/visual equipment||-||A Designated Person|
|Building defects/glazing||-||Fabric Officer|
|Child protection||-||Child Protection Officer|
|Personal safety||-||Individual PCC members|
|Fetes/fairs & events||-||Fundraising & Social Committee|
|Bells & bell-ringers||-||Tower Captain|
|(Return to top)|
|Main body of church||-||HSO|
|Bell Chamber||-||Tower Captain|
|North Transept Kitchen||-||A Churchwarden|
|(Return to top)|